Saturday, August 2, 2008

faces

searching, laughing, solemn, mischievous,
sad, joyful, curious, tearful, serious, shining,
silly, giggling, mournful, peaceful, hopeful,
delighted, hungry, happy, desolate, satisfied, despairing,
caring, accusing, smiling, angry, shy, staring, scared,
confused, bold, sweet, gaunt, courageous,
empty, hopeless, fearful, begging, Seeking...


O GOD you are my GOD
Early I will seek YOU
My soul thirsts for YOU
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water

So I have looked for You
in the Sanctuary
To see YOUR power and YOUR glory

Because YOUR lovingkindness is better than life
My lips shall praise YOU
Thus I will bless YOU while I live
I will lift up my hands in YOUR name
Psalm 63


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, there's your something brilliant.

nadine j. said...

Yeah, exactly.

I like it how each part of the face can display a different emotion at the same time. Ex. eyes, mouth, nose; they can all be showing something else.

One of my favourite things about people.